Saturday 15 June 2013

Happy Father's Day!

This post is a day early, as tomorrow will be spent showering my wonderful hubby with love, affection, and appreciation for everything that he does around here! I have to give him a little Father's Day shout-out today.




One of the most amazing things in our marriage so far has been watching Ryan grow into the wonderful father that he is. Just when you think you couldn't love a man anymore than you already do, watching him love, play, and protect A just makes me fall in love with him all over again. Watching your husband become a dad really is an incredible thing, isn't it?

I know we both had many fears and apprehensions about becoming parents (who doesn't!?!?) but he has become an awesome daddy. Right from the beginning, he jumped right into fatherhood full-force. From cutting the cord, changing the first diapers in the hospital and staying up many nights rocking and bouncing a colicky baby, he has been amazing with A from the start. Nowadays, I love how the highlight of A's day is seeing Ryan come home, and watching the two of them play and bond, as A babbles away, trying to tell Ryan all about his day.

For Father's Day, Ryan got celebrated with a week of gifts, a little gift each day (homemade cookies, PJ pants, framed photo of him and A, etc). Tomorrow is the best one, and I can't wait to give it him! I know lots of you are celebrating your husbands' first Fathers Day - any special plans? What have you gotten your dads/husbands for Father's Day? I'm always in need of ideas! Let me know in the comments below. 

Here's a photo I snapped of the two of them reading bedtime stories last week - A is so much like his daddy in so many ways already:




Happy Father's Day Ryan, A and I are so lucky to have you in our lives!

Happy Father's Day to all the daddies out there, hope you get spoiled rotten and have an amazing day! What are all of you doing to celebrate Father's Day? 

No comments:

Post a Comment