Tuesday 7 May 2013

Happy 1st Birthday Charlotte!

May 1st was a big day in our family - my niece turned 1!

For those of you that have met me, you already know that I absolutely adore my niece. Born only 7 weeks before Andrew, I spent the majority of her first year with her, and I am so thankful for that. Not many aunts get the chance to spend that amount of time with their niece. She is the silliest, prettiest, and most charming little princess that I know...and (unfortunately for my sister) shares my love of attention, sparkles, and anything girly. It's unfortunate for my sister because...well...she doesn't have a love for attention, sparkles, and anything girly. She also doesn't enjoy planning events like I do, which worked out well for me! I became the unofficial planner of Charlotte's first birthday.

I knew that a birthday for a darling princess like Char had to be pretty. It had to have sparkles. And it most definitely had to be pink!

So away we went...it was a busy day, but was so nice to see so many friends and family out celebrating such a special little girl.

Char's cake was made by our family friend Maria - it was gorgeous, delicious, and exactly what I had in mind. Gorgeous!


The birthday girl and I

Char with her cake fit for a princess

A getting ready to party

For favors for the kids, I decided on rock candy sticks. They were pretty and pink, and are kinda sparkly too!

Favors for the kidlets

 The birthday set-up is below. I made the backdrop originally for Jen's baby shower, but it was a perfect fit for Char's birthday. I used foam insulation board, and covered it with huge white flowers that I made out of white paper.

The Birthday Setup

Centrepieces for the tables were inspired by a Pinterest photo. I used little buckets stuffed with floral foam and paper stuffing, then made the marshmallow skewers. I made pink sugar, stuck marshmallows on bamboo skewers, then dipped them in water and then sugar. Not quite as good as my Pinterest inspiration, but not too shabby!

Centerpieces

The Birthday girl with her parents


The day went well and little Miss C got spoiled rotten! Plans are already well underway for A's big day - I can't believe how close it's getting!

Do any of you have plans for your little one's birthday? Seen any awesome and unique ideas? Have you pulled off an incredible party already? Tell me about it in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment